Monday, May 17, 2010

Who gave him permission to grow???

Bart has been having issues putting all of his clothes away. We decided a good Monday night activity would be a fashion show. One third of his shirts are being put aside for a clothing swap at church at some later date. One third. That's a lot of shirts to just toss aside. The others are within 6 months of following if he keeps up this rate of growth.

How is it that children grow so quickly? When Bart was a baby, I had many many many mothers tell me multiple times to cherish his littleness. To enjoy each moment as it came. I thought they surely must be exaggerating.

Well, they weren't. As it turns out, each and every one of them was right.

How did Bart, my little huge baby, turn 10? How did my little sack of flour (10 lb baby) grow to be almost as tall as me? How did those teeny feet get to fit in my flip flops?

Really, I'd like to know who gave him permission to grow. That wasn't kosher. Not at all. Take it back.

2 comments:

jaclyn weist said...

I've been wondering the same thing at my house... Jakob turns nine and my little boy turns 2 this week. I'm not OKAY!!! Jakob is getting closer my shoulder in height all the time and I think by this time next year I may just be looking up!!

Nelle said...

I hear ya. Bart went from the shoulder to my nose this school year. Huge massive painful growth spurt right around his birthday in March.