Sunday, May 30, 2010

Warm Fuzzies

I had a great experience at church today. I got to sub in Primary as the music leader. I love doing that. It really has got to be the best calling at church. Singing songs with the kids is the most fun anyone could ever have.

Well, I found some puff balls in the closet when trying to figure out what to do. I thought they'd be handy so I pulled them out. For the older kids, we used them as warm fuzzies. The kids knew already what warm fuzzies are, but they hadn't heard of cold pricklies.

Cold pricklies are when people say things that aren't very nice. Cold pricklies hurt feelings. Well, as I was explaining this, the Spirit taught me that sometimes cold pricklies can cause people to forget they are children of God. What a marvelous teaching moment. The realization that people could forget who they are was a big one for those children. I could literally see the lights coming on upstairs. It was amazing to watch and experience.

As they helped me during singing time, I gave my helpers warm fuzzies. I hope they remember who they are and help others to do the same.

No comments: