Sunday, March 2, 2008

Another week gone

Well, it's Sunday night. Another long week has passed. It's been eventful, what with the anniversary and subbing and all.

Nate was busy at work doing all his SGI stuff. That's the new company he works for. Mostly, he's been taking apart the huge clusters and putting together ones that will work for what they're doing now. He's also looking at working from home. It looks like they'll pay for the home office set-up. That will be nice and helpful. He kinda blew his back early Saturday morning. That made for a fun weekend. He couldn't even sit to play the organ today.

I made a quick trip up to Layton, 1 1/2 hours away, to see Heather for a couple hours. I've subbed, 6th grade, the same class twice. I put in a full school days worth of hours volunteering in Bart's class. I practiced with some ladies for a Relief Society breakfast yesterday that they sang for and I accompanied them. (It was beautiful. The song really brought the spirit into the meeting.) After all that, Nate had me sub on the organ for him today. This brought the piano/organ time to close to 3 hours between sacrament meeting and primary. I'm also in a stake relief society choir for a stake meeting later this month.

Bart had the opportunity to get the bike out this week. The weather has been great. He spent a lot of time at the park getting nice and stinky and muddy. He has participated in the JAZZ reading program for the last month at school. Our local NBA team sponsors a month long contest between schools for reading minutes. Our school came in seventh in the state. Bart was one of the top readers in the 2nd grade with over 9000 minutes. Absolutely amazing!!! The next top reader in his class came in with 6000-7000. He's also been playing with his friends a lot more since he's not stuck indoors as much.

I want to get some pictures posted of the lovely outside. Maybe I'll have to show you how Nate saved our yard from being flooded, again, this spring. We'll see. For now, See ya later alligator.

p.s. it's 10:30 and i'm tired.

No comments: