You may ask, "Why is Janelle writing about tithing?"
The answer is a quote that came in my email today...
Daily Gems
Gaining a Personal Testimony by Paying Tithing
------------------------------
"To those who are not yet full-tithe payers, I invite you to
begin today to pay your full tithing to the Lord through your local
priesthood leader. I invite you to pay your tithing to the Lord first,
before you meet any other financial obligations. I invite you to put your
trust in the Lord and, as He Himself said, 'Prove me now herewith'
(3 Nephi 24:10). As you do so and as you place your tithing obligation to
the Lord as the first priority of all of your other financial obligations,
you will indeed become a witness to the matchless power of the Lord as He
opens the windows of heaven and pours out a blessing 'that there shall
not be room enough to receive it' (3 Nephi 24:10). You will then have
gained your own personal testimony of this very sacred law of tithing, and
as you continue your obedience to this law, it will draw you ever closer to
the Lord."
Topics: tithing, testimony, trust, priorities,
blessings
(Daniel L. Johnson, "The Law of Tithing," Ensign, Nov. 2006, 36)
I know that paying tithing is one of the lesser commandments. I know that it is a way to help us grow and become better stewards. I do have a testimony of this law. I know that our lives would not be so good if it weren't for following the commandments of God.


1 comment:
This subject has been on my mind a lot lately as well. We have had some major blessings when we chose to pay tithing early on in our marraige making it simple to pay it. Thanks for your words.
Post a Comment