Nate and I went to Bart's class since we got advance notice of him winning. I took the camera so I could get pictures of his reaction to the announcement. Here are my favorites...
In the first one, you can see his classmates crossing their fingers for him. They all seemed to know why we were there. Bart was clueless, though. He just told me that he was muttering under his breath, "Why are my parents here?" He totally didn't get it. In fact, we had to explain to the class that he was #2 in the school and what he got, other than the jersey. All the boys got so excited for him.
This boy is certainly incredible. He is thrilled, too, for his good friend Kenzie because she reached her goal of 7,000 minutes. He doesn't care that he won or that he read more than her. He's excited that she did what she set out to do. He's thrilled that he won, but he's excited for all the others who helped their classes reach their goal (his didn't, he was pretty much the only one that read much in his class).
So for a treat, I'm making his favorite dinner-Bacon Pasta. Even more than that though---


3 comments:
Good for Bart! Tell him I'm proud of him too!
BTW, what do you put in your Bacon Pasta besides bacon and pasta?
you made bacon pasta and did not let me watch..... How rude!!!! :) Hey for Bart!
That's awesome! Good for Bart. Jakob loves reading but it still takes a bit to get him to read- until the last week of Jazz reading when he wouldn't stop. I'm not complaining! I'm a major bookworm so I like to see my kids read! Bacon pasta? I want some!
Post a Comment