Sunday, August 3, 2008

I DROVE!!!

And I didn't crash!!!


I drove home from church yesterday. It was a little weird. Okay, a lot weird. I had to do it though because Bart and I will be going to the zoo this week and I have to do shopping and it's not all within walking distance.

Church was really cool. There was another couple from Utah and our Gospel Doctrine teacher is from Texas. The American Elder was happy to see us and could tell we weren't Kiwi because we said "Elder" and not "Eldah" when we met him. We were invited to come to a member's house after Church next Sunday for dinner. He also said he and his wife would watch Bart for us and Bart could play with his four boys while we went to the Temple. I really think at least 3/4 of the ward came up to us and introduced themselves.

All in all, it was a good day. Made even better by being able to get to sleep early. Like 7ish. All this walking around is exhausting.

1 comment:

Karalenn Hippen said...

This has been really fun reading through your whole trip so far. I'm glad you are keeping track of it all. You have to post pictures you stinker. It doesn't count to only post one of Bart sideways. You are in New Zealand for heaven's sake. Only one of the most beautiful places on the planet! Sorry to be so tough on you. Get to it missy. :)